Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Advent Celebrates Love

The theme for the 4th Sunday of Advent is Love. The Tree of Warmth was dedicated during the offering so that the many scarves, hats and mittens could be removed and sent to Isaiah 58 ministries, not a minute too soon as the weather on the weekend was the coldest of the year. Many of the items were knitted by women in the newly formed Shawl Ministry Group.



One highlight of the service was the dedication of baby Peter and his parents, Sarah and Bryan. Peter managed to sleep through most of the morning, although Sarah and Bryan would probably prefer that he start sleeping that soundly at night! Peter was 6 weeks old on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so moved by the pictures on the blog -- The Sundays of Advent, Gingerbread Houses, Blessings and Baptism, Children, 10 at Reading Circle. Your photos are always so wonderful. The blog is the primary storyteller for us. I would like to get this info out in some other places and hopefully encourage folks (Compton folks and others) to go to the blog regularly. (I tend neglect going to it for a few weeks and then when I look back over the postings since I last checked, I am reminded that amazing wonderful things are going on in the life of the congregation.

Many thanks!! I haven't come up with a suggestion for a new name for it.